Party in the Red Room
To me, this is the best of King Crimson concert I have attended. While admitting I might be biased by factors somewhat external to the band's performance, I can but list several highlights:
- as suitable in this all red concert hall, all the RED material being absolutely smoking hot - including the ever-mindblowing OMRN, as well as Red with drums approached differently from previous tours
- a cracking rendition of Lizard, from an intense Bolero all the way to Prince Rupert's Lament
- Tony's rather unusual cadenza at the end of Moonchild and Robert laughing out loud during it
- the band changing around the Radical 2/3 - Meltdown - Level Five order and transitions
- piano sounds gaining presence in the KC repertoire - and what a wonderful pianist we have in Jeremy!
- Islands, of course, and noticing the fiery Pat peacefully listening with eyes closed during the less busy parts; lovely to see the crims enjoying each other's playing
The sound was great, the small Vienna crowd as well (no applause During the songs!), the experience up until Robert's smile as he left the stage - unforgettable.