King Crimson performed Heroes at the Admiralspalast in Berlin as a celebration, a remembrancing and an homage. The concert was thirty-nine years and one month after the original sessions at the Hansa Tonstudio overlooking the Berlin Wall. This is released in the Fortieth Anniversary year.
Wednesday 22nd. February, 2017;
DGM HQ, Wiltshire, England.
The title track sees Robert Fripp reprise the unforgettable guitar role he created for the original David Bowie studio recording in the same city in 1977, particularly poignant in the year of Bowie's death.
Also featured on the EP are a ten minutes recording of Easy Money (Paris), a song that varies in length and solos from night to night and is always a fan favourite, an edited version (featuring the “song section”) of Crim Classic Starless often a set closer, always a stand-out moment and a recording of the three drummers’ showpiece The Hell Hounds of Krim (both from Vienna) – all previously unreleased live recordings.
The EP is completed with a ‘radio edit’ of Heroes.
- Robert Fripp - Guitar
- Jakko Jakszyk - Vocals, Guitar
- Mel Collins - Saxes And Flute
- Tony Levin - Basses, Sticks, Backing Vocals
- Pat Mastelotto - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion
- Gavin Harrison - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion
- Jeremy Stacey - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion, Keyboards, Backing Vocals