Originally released in 2015 on the 46th anniversary of King Crimson’s formation in January 1969, these live performances are culled from the critically acclaimed, sold-out 2014 US tour - the first time the group had performed in concert since 2008.
Comprised of 41 minutes of material by the newest incarnation of the band fronted by the line-up’s formidable three drummer setup, Live At The Orpheum was mixed from 24bit multi-track performances recorded at the band’s two concerts at the Los Angeles venue. Featuring a mixture of new & old King Crimson material – some being performed live for the first time – the album makes an ideal recorded debut for the septet.
For those who travelled from all over the world to see the US shows, it’s an opportunity to relive the power, precision & sheer musicality of the concerts. For those who couldn’t attend but wanted to, it’s an opportunity to hear why the concerts generated such excitement. For any fan of the band, recent or long-term, it’s an essential purchase.
- Robert Fripp - Guitar, Keyboards
- Jakko Jakszyk - Guitar, Vocals
- Mel Collins - Saxes And Flute
- Tony Levin - Basses, Stick, Backing Vocals
- Pat Mastelotto - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion
- Gavin Harrison - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion
- Bill Rieflin - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion, Keyboards