- Better not to ask the future to present itself if we’re not prepared to follow where it leads.
- This future will have an unexpected quality.
- If we impose our wants and hopes on the future, we prevent it from speaking to us.
- The creative future accords with common sense; ie it is practical and possible.
- It is necessary to know the next step;
but not the step after that.
- The future may already be in front of us, but unrecognized or unacknowledged.
- Better to hold the question gently, with eyes open and an available ear, than in desperation; trusting that what is necessary for us is possible and benevolent; and as available to us as we are ourselves available to our creative future.
Friday 26th. March, 2010
Convento La Pace, Sassoferrato, Italy.