Management Assistant wanted
:: Posted by David S on Wed., Mar 26, 2014
We have just posted an "Assistant wanted" job description on Linkedin - and as we all know that DGMLive is far more "Linked in" than anywhere else, it seems only right to post it here as well.
With the benefits of cut and paste - the advert reads :
We are seeking an outstanding candidate interested in music management, with a particular focus on marketing and the exciting, fast-changing world of digital media.
The successful candidate would join our management team, with a brief to expand the reach of the catalogue and the artists – covering, for example, the areas of social media, Youtube, sync licenses, radio, press, sponsorships and personal appearances.
We invite applications from bright, ambitious candidates who share our passion for the arts and who want to pursue a career supporting them.
Relevant educational qualifications are an advantage but not a requirement.
DGM is a small independent company based near Salisbury, UK. Ideally, candidates would work in our office for an initial period. Thereafter, working at a distance combined with regular meetings in person could be arranged if needed.
The varied role of the winning candidate will include the following tasks :
1. Helping develop a social media strategy and then overseeing this on a daily basis. The candidate would need to be confident in writing postings for Twitter, Facebook and mailing lists
2. Developing and managing relationships with business partners in such key areas as sync licenses and sponsorships.
3. Helping develop and oversee strategies for radio & press.
4. Arranging and overseeing suitable personal appearances.
· Strong organizational skills – The ability to co-ordinate and micro-manage a series of diverse initiatives.
· Strong communication skills – Phone and face-to-face. Much of the role is about managing relationships.
· Good command of the English language : The ability to create content for social media and e-newletters, as well as communicate clearly and appropriately in written correspondence.
· Good technical skills: Confident using all basic Office programmes and online social media applications. Also able to research, learn and adopt appropriate new software.
You should be
· Self-motivated : We encourage and support initiative, and are always available to offer advice and encouragement. We do not, however, expect to oversee tasks to ensure that they are completed on time to a high standard.
· Diligent and organized with a good attention to detail : We need a candidate to whom we can reliably delegate, confident in the knowledge that items will not be forgotten or overlooked.
· Highly personable: A confident, personable individual, with a friendly nature who fits in neatly with our team.
· Willing to learn: We are not expecting a candidate with knowledge of all areas. We want a bright individual, who displays a willingness to learn and undertake independent research. The right person will grow and use this role as a great step in their career.
Should there be any interested souls out there, a CV should be dispatched by email, owl or carrier pigeon to indeg @ dgmhq.com (without the spaces).