|GC Down Mexico Way
|:: Posted by Sid Smith on Wed., Feb 15, 2012
Robert Fripp will be directing an introduction to the Guitar Circle in Mexico in 2013. You can check out the details over on the Guitar Circle website.
Displaying 5052 items (Viewing 221 to 230 of 5052)
The Elements Of King Crimson Tour Box
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Tue., Nov 4, 2014
The Elements tour box will be on general retail later this month. This limited edition 2CD set was originally on sale during the recent KC2014 tour. Housed in a DVD digi-pack style book case and a 24 page booklet, it features material from every King Crimson line-up from 1969 through to 2014. Featuring studio recordings, alternate takes, live tracks, rehearsals takes & finished recordings, much of it previously unreleased on CD, the Elements box offers a fascinating view of some of King Crimson’s best known landmarks but often from a different perspective.
The Elements tour box was devised specifically for the recent King Crimson tour. A limited number was also made available via mail order for those who weren’t fortunate enough to live within reach of the cities covered on the US tour.
It quickly sold out at the venues and the mail order stock was exhausted within days, so it’s now being given a more widespread release in the same format to prevent fans having to pay over the odds for copies on the auction sites.
The compilation provides a fascinating audio history of the band featuring extracts of the current line-up in rehearsal pre-tour, elements from studio recordings, full tracks, alternate takes, live tracks & finished recordings from 1969-2014, many of which make their first appearance on CD. Every line-up is featured across the 2CD set.
The accompanying booklet features sleeve-notes by co-compiler Sid Smith, photos of memorabilia, full info about the recent tour & a number of band & individual photos of the 2014 line-up taken by Scarlet Page.
On sale from November 25th.
1) Wind Extract (1969, London) (From ITCOCK recording sessions).
2) I Talk To The Wind (23/07/1969, London) From ITCOCK recording sessions.
3) Cadence and Cascade (03/02/1970, London, Greg Lake Vocals) From Poseidon recording sessions.
4) Cirkus (guitar extract) (11/09/1970, London) From Lizard recording sessions. Previously unreleased on CD.
5) Cirkus (10/08/1971, Live at the Marquee) From forthcoming release, Collectable KC Vol. 7.
6) Hoodoo (extract) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals ) - Previously unreleased.
7) Sailor's Tale (08/09/1971, London) From Islands recording sessions. Previously unreleased on CD.
8) The Talking Drum (October, 1973, London) From LTIA recording sessions. SW alt mix.
9) LTIA (extract) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) - Previously unreleased.
10) LTIA (extract) [David/Jamie] (16/01/1973, London). From LTIA recording sessions.
11) Fracture (23/11/1973, Amsterdam). SW 2014 mix.
12) Fallen Angel (extract) [RF harmonics] (08/07/1974, London From Red studio sessions - Previously unreleased on CD.
13) Fallen Angel (July, 1974, London). From Red studio sessions.
14) 21 Century Schizoid Man (30/06/1974, Providence. From USA live recordings.
15) Starless (extract) [Mark] (08/07/1974, London). From Red studio sessions. Previously unreleased on CD
1) Discipline (1981, London). From Discipline recording sessions. Alt take.
2) Three Headed Doom (part 1) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) - Previously unreleased.
3) Manhattan (Neurotica) (23/11/1981, Live at The Roxy, LA). From forthcoming release, Beat 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A.
4) Neal and Jack and Me (extract) (17/03/1982, London). From Beat recording sessions. Previously unreleased on CD.
5) Sleepless (Bearsville) From TOAPP recording sessions (Steven Wilson mix). From forthcoming release, Three Of A Perfect Pair 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A.
6) Sex, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Dream (rec session) (27/01/1994, Bath) - From THRAK recording sessions and on forthcoming release, THRAKBOXX.
7) THRAK (30/06/1996, Live at Shepherd's Bush) - Previously unreleased on CD.
8) Venturing Into Joy (edit) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) - Previously unreleased.
9) The Deception Of The Thrush (1998, USA) From West Coast Live, The ProjeKcts box.
10) Heaven & Earth (early edit) (14/05/2000, Nashville) ProjeKct X, TCOL recording sessions - Previously unreleased on CD.
11) Level Five (07/08/2008, Chicago, Live at Park West) - Previously unreleased on CD.
12) The Hell-Hounds of Krim (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) - Previously unreleased.
13) Separation (edit) (2010, Berkhamsted) Jakszyk, Fripp, Collins sessions - Previously unreleased.
14) A Scarcity Of Miracles (2010, Berkhamsted) Jakszyk, Fripp, Collins sessions. Alt take.
Listen With Robert...
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Nov 3, 2014
After spending the early part of the day working on new King Crimson material, Robert and Jakko began listening to music from the recent Elements tour with a view to what might be made publicly available. Either way, a productive day to get Crimhead pulses quickening a little bit, eh?
RF & JJ Working On New Material
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Nov 3, 2014
Robert Fripp and Jakko Jakszyk are busy working on new material this week as can be seen here...
and King Crimson's other guitarist is also at the ready...
More pics as they arrive from Chez Jakko.
On This Date 16 Years Ago
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Sun., Nov 2, 2014
The last gig by ProjeKct Four took place in San Francisco. Robert Fripp's verdict was “My sense is the performance came together for the second set. A generous audience, and some good Crimson music emerging.” You can download the whole show here.
Robert Fripp: I'm difficult to work with Shock Horror!
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Fri., Oct 31, 2014
There's an interview with Robert Fripp in today's edition of The Daily Telegraph.
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Tue., Oct 28, 2014
That's the name of a collaboration between the Delta Saxophone Quartet and pianist and composer Gwilym Simcock. Simcock, who played with Bill Bruford's Earthworks early on in his career, has drawn upon the music of King Crimson for inspiration. The work receives its world premier in Milan at the end of next month with further dates in the UK in 2015. You can find out more details here. This isn't the first time the Delta Saxophone Quartet have adapted rock music. You can read my take on their arrangements of music by Soft Machine over on the blog.
<< Previous 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next >>